2018 draw of the VSPCRF
PHOTO COURTESY VSPCRF
Over $45,000 raised and five happy winners
The suspense is over: the names of the five winners of the Vaudreuil-Soulanges Palliative Care Residence Foundation's (VSPCRF) annual fundraiser were announced Friday, June 8. They are not the only ones to celebrate – the employees, volunteers and administrators who work for the residence will be able to count on a sum of $45,121 raised through the sale of tickets to continue its mission.
This is the highest amount collected in the annual VSPCR draw – 10,846 tickets were sold this year.
The foundation congratulates the winners and warmly thanks its generous sponsors, the network of ticket sellers, all the volunteers and of course all the people who have tried their luck – but most of all, those who have made a generous gesture – by purchasing one or more tickets.
Here are the names of the winners:
Yvette Boyer of Vaudreuil-Dorion, who won the $5000 gift cards offered by the seven IGAs in the region
Daniel Coderre from Pincourt who receives a $2500 cheque from Bourassa Boyer Inc.
Guy Desgroseillers from Beauharnois who wins a $2000 Club Piscine Super Fitness gift certificate
Johanne Blais of Ville St-Laurent, who won $1500 in gift cards, offered by the four Jean Coutu Pharmacies of the region
And Sylvie Perreault of Vadureuil-Dorion, who wins a laptop computer with mouse, bag, antivirus and technical preparation valued at $1,000 offered by PC Teck Informatique.
The money raised in the draw has allowed or will allow:
• Replacement of the 12 reclining La-Z-Boy chairs for the families of patients who sleep in their loved one's room
• Replacement of the room lighting with a bedside lamp and a floor lamp for each of the 12 rooms
• An upgrade of the ‘Donate Online’ software (a new version and add-ons to our Prodon Software will allow us to optimize our workflow)
• Acquisition of 12 music players/broadcasters for smartphones (one per patient room at the Palliative Care Home).
• Paying for the purchase of 5,000 Christmas lights and other decorations for the illumination of a Christmas tree in the heart of Avenues de la Gare in Vaudreuil-Dorion.
Vaudreuil-Soulanges Palliative Care Residence Foundation (VSPCRF)
Since, September 2010, the foundation supports the VSPCR which offers specialized, free palliative care to terminally ill people of all ages (children, adolescents, adults) with respect and dignity. For more information, please visit www.mspvs.org.