Repairs to the Île-aux-Tourtes Bridge continue
PHOTO BY BLANCHARDB
The Québec Transport Ministry is informing road users that it will begin a new phase in its ongoing repairs of the Île-aux-Tourtes Bridge on Highway 40 from June 26, 2017, until winter 2018. The interventions concern the repair of beams in the westbound direction. Dynamic traffic management based on peak hours will be implemented using a removable barrier to limit the traffic impact.
Traffic Management - June 26, 2017 to winter 2018
Westbound (towards Vaudreuil-Dorion)
• 3 lanes will be open between 2 and 7 p.m. on weekdays
• 2 lanes open outside this time period
• Trucks are forbidden in the left lane
Eastbound (towards Montreal)
• 3 lanes open from 9 p.m. until noon
• 2 lanes open outside this period
Note that the speed limit on the bridge will be reduced to 70 km/h.
In the event of unfavorable weather conditions or operational constraints, the start of work in the west direction could be postponed.