Letter to the editor 2, Dec. 15, 2016
This was the gist of my message, as I said it (in point form) at the Public Question Period of the Lester B. Pearson School Board Executive Committee Meeting held December 12, 2016.
- Pearson chairperson says unkind things about board employees, administrators, and principals.
- They file charges with ethics commissioner claiming “abuse of power."
- Ethics commissioner rules three times chairperson breached Code of Ethics.
- Chair uses taxpayers' money to hire lawyer(s) to bully commissioners to remain silent regarding specifics of ethics scandal.
- Commissioners, who were voted in by hundreds of electors, vote unanimously to "move on" by supporting ethics violator: Pearson board chair.
- This is a warped democracy.
Commissioners were reminded that, contrary to Chair Suanne Stein Day's assertions, commissioners have the right “to freedom of speech inherent in a commissioner's function" (Quebec Education Act, Article 175.1).