Successful open house at the Forbes Fire Station
The Fire Department of the City of Vaudreuil-Dorion hosted an open house Saturday, October 15, at the Forbes statin for nearly 2,000 citizens. This activity took place as part of Fire Prevention Week under the theme: It happens in the kitchen!
In addition to access to trucks, different scenarios were arranged including cooking fires, extrication, water and ice rescue, smoke simulator, and propane simulator with fire extinguisher.
The firefighter course for children was very popular.
"This day is a wonderful lesson in awareness and prevention which allows us to meet citizens and to inform them of the different facets of our business. I am proud of the success of the open house and I thank my team for their great work," said the Director Terry Rousseau.